BDO in Belarus switches to remote working
22 March 2020
Following the recommendations of BDO International and proceeding from the implemented examples of member firms during the global pandemic due to the rapid spread of the COVID-19 virus around the world and in our country, taking into account the possible health risks and understanding the responsibility to our employees and clients, the management of BDO in Belarus decided to switch to remote working for the period from March 23 to April 6, 2020.
In this regard, the following measures are taken to organize the work of our company's employees:
- Remote access working mechanisms are coordinated by project managers together with clients.
- Quality control is organized, as well as planning and distribution of tasks among employees in order to organize the most effective work in remote mode.
- Constant and secure exchange of files, electronic documents, and other information is organized via VPN channels.
- In order to support communication within the company, a special channel in the Telegram messaging app was created to notify of all changes in the company's work and to remind of the necessary precautions.
- If need arises to communicate in video format, according to the security policies of BDO International various video channels can be used, in particular, it is recommended to use the ZOOM platform.
- To ensure flawless work of the company during these challenging times, two secretaries will continue working in the office as per usual schedule, as well two drivers who will arrange for prompt delivery of documents. If you have an appointment with a BDO specialist in person, please get in touch with your contact person to consider how to resolve the issue.
Currently, in a situation of increased risks to the health of each of us, we encourage everyone to treat themselves and others responsibly. This is the main message from BDO International. And we at BDO in Belarus fully support this position. The situation is difficult, but there is nothing that we would put above health.
Our message to each of you: we remind you of the importance of following precautionary measures and implore you to take this seriously. Anyone who is in doubt over the state of their health or who was exposed to disease will be better off staying at home. No matter how important the work is - your health and the health of others is a priority.
Make sure that all office employees are in good health, have no signs of respiratory diseases, and check their temperature daily. In a situation where the threat to health is spreading rapidly, it is vital to act together and be attentive to each other.
Attached below is a brief guide on the main symptoms of the COVID-19 virus and necessary precautionary measures.